Faculty Associate (JOB # 93808)
Department of English
The Department of English on the Tempe Campus at Arizona State University invites applications for Faculty Associates to teach lower, upper division, and/or graduate courses, online and/or on-campus in: Creative Writing; English Education; Film and Media Studies; Linguistics and Applied Linguistics; Literature; Writing, Rhetorics and Literacies, and/or Writing Programs. These positions are one semester appointments, part time, non-benefits eligible with no tenure implications. A typical Faculty Associate course load is one to two classes per semester. Teaching duties include: preparing course materials, responding to and evaluating student work, and availability for one-on-one assistance (via weekly office hours for on-campus classes and electronically for online classes). Anticipated start date is: Summer 2022, Fall 2022, Spring 2023 and Summer 2023.
Learn more about what The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has to offer by visiting https://thecollege.asu.edu/faculty.
- Master’s degree in relevant field by time of appointment
- Evidence of effective teaching
- Ph.D. in relevant field by time of appointment
- Record of scholarly publication and/or evidence of professional development in relevant field
- Minimum of two years of post-secondary teaching experience (to be considered for composition courses, this experience must be in composition)
This is a paperless search; only electronic materials will be accepted. To apply, please submit electronically to: http://apply.interfolio.com/105070 the following:
- Cover Letter of application
- Curriculum vita (CV)
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy
- Three letters of recommendation about teaching ability
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- A summary of recent teaching evaluations
The applicant’s last name should appear in each uploaded file name. Questions about the position should be directed to the search committee chair: Aya.Matsuda@asu.edu. Initial review of applications will begin on June 1, 2022, and continue on a weekly basis in subsequent months throughout the academic year as needed until the search is closed. Faculty Associate vacancy announcements will be posted on an annual basis. Applicants who are not hired within the current academic year are welcome to re-apply - applications do not roll forward from the previous pool recruitment.
The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements - Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.
Business Services Program Coordinator
The Department of English is seeking a reliable Business Program Coordinator to perform a variety of routine activities and functions to support administrative duties in the business office in day to day operations. This position requires an individual to work within an established set of procedures and policies with the ability to adhere to deadlines while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail. The successful candidate will have an understanding of business office practices to include data entry, tracking items, preparing reports and the ability to be flexible with changing priorities. This position will report to the Business Operations Manager Sr.
Salary Range -$42,000-$47,000 per year; DOE
Close Date - 12-June-2023
- Advises and supports faculty and students using Concur for domestic and international travel.
- Anticipates background materials needed for travel reimbursement processing, ensuring travel is processed utilizing procedures and policies provided by the College.
- Prepares and processes employee reimbursements and journal entries in Workday as requested/needed.
- Processes and manages Speaker, Artist, Performer contracts and payments in Workday.
- Assists Faculty with conference budget, secure incoming commitments and expenditures to ensure the continuity and compliance of department business operations.
- Works independently and exercises professional judgment to serve as a knowledgeable and helpful resource in respect to ASU fiscal policies and procedures and to ensure accurate output and processing in all assigned areas.
- Interacts and maintains effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating business objectives.
- Attends weekly team and monthly staff/departmental meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard office and administrative practices.
- Experience with ASU financial reporting systems (Workday, PeopleSoft, Amazon Workspace) and financial controls, purchasing best practices, and ASU policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic principles, practices, processing and methods of accounting, budgeting, and inventory management.
- Experience in analyzing, foreseeing, and developing effective solutions for logistical problems.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat PDF.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in a professional capacity.
- Experience in using time management skills.
- Evidence of effective communication skills.
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Frequently required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions
- Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
Flexible Work Options: ASU is a diverse enterprise with a wide variety of work and learning modes, locations and a commitment to sustainability, innovation and employee work-life balance. We are determined to maintain our position as an employer of choice in a competitive labor market. In addition to 8am-5pm, in person format, following flexible work options are available.
Hybrid work is an arrangement where employees spend a minimum of 60% of their regular workweek at their primary ASU work location (i.e., maximum of 40% remote work). Dean or vice president-level approval is required.
Alternative work schedules can include four, 10-hour workdays in a workweek; a nine-day, 80-hour schedule over two workweeks for exempt employees only; and staggered start and stop times.
To apply, search for 91922BR at https://cfo.asu.edu/applicant
Educational Outreach Cdr
The Center for the Public Humanities (CPH) seeks an Educational Outreach Coordinator who is passionate about the Center’s mission of promoting the Humanities through the creation of relevant, engaging interdisciplinary content of the highest quality for learners of all kinds. The Outreach Coordinator will serve as the lead for CPH’s Universal Learner Course portfolio, which includes its dual enrollment program for high school students. This position will report to, and work closely with, the Program Director of CPH, and will coordinate with the Center team to promote the CPH mission and to raise the profile of the Humanities.
Salary Range: $46,327.50 - $55,000.00 per year; DOE
Close Date: 10-May-2023
To apply, search for 90892BR at https://cfo.asu.edu/applicant
Course Graders (FWS Eligible)
Student Worker III
The English Department in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, at ASU, is currently seeking a qualified applicant to fill a position as Course Grader for Spring 2023 (Sessions A/B and C), Summer 2023, and potentially Fall 2023 (Session A/C) in one or more of the following areas:
- Creative Writing
- English Education
- Film and Media Studies
- Linguistics and Applied Linguistics
- Writing, Rhetorics, and Literacies
Course Graders could potentially grade for online or in-person courses at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Include in your application:
- a cover letter that explains qualifications,
- a c.v. or resume,
- a list of pertinent courses taken, and
- the contact information of at least one faculty member who could be asked to provide a brief letter of recommendation for you.
To apply, search for 87149BR at https://students.asu.edu/employment/search
Social Media & Marketing Coordinator
Student Worker IV
The Social Media & Marketing Coordinator supports Project Humanities by creating engaging posts on social media and superb communications within and outside ASU. The successful applicant plays a key role in strengthening the ASU brand and Project Humanities presence, and is highly visible at Project Humanities functions whenever possible. This position reports directly to the Director of Project Humanities.
Salary Range - $17.00 per hour
Close Date - 01-June-2023
To apply, search for 91657BR at https://students.asu.edu/employment/search
Student Worker IV
The Graphic Designer will support Project Humanities by creating marketing materials in accordance with ASU’s design and communication standards. The successful applicant will play a key role in strengthening the ASU brand and Project Humanities presence and will be highly visible at Project Humanities functions whenever possible. This position reports directly to the Coordinator and the Director of Project Humanities.
Salary Range - 17.00 per hour
Close Date - 01-June-2023
To apply, search for 91660BR at https://students.asu.edu/employment/search