Deadline: March 1
The Department of English Faculty Scholarship is for undergraduate English and Film and Media Studies majors in The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Online students are eligible. The approximately $2,000 scholarship is awarded in the spring for the upcoming fall semester. It is awarded on the basis of need as well as grades and recommendations.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Have declared an English or Film and Media Studies major; juniors preferred.
2. Have a "B" (3.25) overall GPA.
3. Have a "B" (3.50) GPA in the major.
4. Plan to enroll in the upcoming fall semester.
5. Have not previously received this award.
6. Have financial need.
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must complete and submit the following:
- Application form (below).
- A screenshot of your ASU academic budget (https://students.asu.edu/financialaid/budget).
- A copy (or screenshot) of your Student Aid Report (https://studentaid.gov/apply-for-aid/fafsa/review-and-correct/review).
- A brief, clearly organized autobiographical sketch of no more than 300 words (approximately one typed page). Include a description of your short and long term goals as an English or Film and Media Studies major.
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member in the ASU Department of English. Be sure to ask a faculty member who knows your work well enough that they can write a strong, detailed letter in support of your application.