- About Us
- Writing Programs
- Undergraduate Studies
- Graduate Studies
- Faculty Books
- Faculty Articles
- Alumni Books
- Alumni Articles
- Current Student Publications
- Centers, Organizations, and Research Sites
- Black History Month
- Western States Rhetoric and Literacy Conference
- Southwest English Symposium
- Access Institute
- ASU Composition Conferences
- Catastrophes: ICR 2012
- Graduate Linguistics/TESOL Symposium (2012)
- Joint ASU / UofA Linguistics Symposium
- PUSHing Boundaries, PUSHing Art
- The Politics of Consumption (2010)
- The Department and International Engagement
- Interdisciplinary Committee on Linguistics
- News & Events
- Class Descriptions
- Program Areas
- Faculty Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- Supporting the Department
- Contact Us
Catastrophes: The 2012 International Conference on Romanticism
For its 2012 conference, the International Conference on Romanticism returns to the Sonoran Desert and will be held on the campus of Arizona State University in its Memorial Union, the site for the 2006 conference. Mark Lussier and Ron Broglio, the conference organizers, have adopted the theme of “catastrophes,” which should be interpreted in its broadest possible context, including aesthetic, colonial, dramatic, ecological, economic, geographic, literary, military, and political catastrophes. Other approaches are equally welcome.
We hope you will join us in November 2012.
Plenary I: “Romantic Sciences: Crises and Resolutions”
Plenary II: Paul Youngquist "'This Disastrous Enterprise': History, Race, and Revolution"
Plenary III: Angela Esterhammer "Speculation, Improvisation, and Financial Catastrophe"
Ross Birrell’s Duet: Lift Me Up For I Am Dying: A Duet For Two Violas will be on display at the ASU Art Museum, Wed-Sat 11am - 5pm.
Find us on:
ICR 2012 Web Master and Technology Serf